Friday, February 20, 2015

Bedtime stories for daddy

       One fine night I ran out of my bedtime stories for my baby, of course I have bad memory. Instead, I insisted my daughter to tell a story. After lots of pleading, she agreed to tell a story.

       On one sunny day, a crow was sitting idle in a low lying tree branch when a hungry tiger happened to pass that way. Upon seeing the crow, the tiger decided to eat it and aimed for a jump. The crow noticed and without a panic said, "Tiger,Tiger, I know you are hungry, however please do not eat me now.  You see, I am so thin and I will hardly fill even a quarter of your stomach. Please come tomorrow, at the same time, and I will be ready for you".



      That evening the crow went to a toy shop, where they sell replica of birds and bought a fat crow toy by paying some money to the vendor who happens to be his friend, the Owl.

       The following day morning, the crow kept his replica in the same place and he hid in a higher branch. The tiger came in and jumped on the toy crow and ate it. Poor tiger, he then got  a stomachache and ran away from there.



      "Story over", she told. My intellectual brain asked her a question, "If a crow is this intelligent, wont a tiger be far more smarter to identify a toy crow?"

      So, here comes the new version. This time the crow bought a battery operated toy which also makes 'kah-kah' sound. Again the tiger fell for it, since it looks more like a crow and also sounded like one.

      She told, "Like this, I know clever rabbit, clever kitty cat, clever whatever you name it. Just change the crow with that animal'.

      The next day, I told, "I had had enough. Tell me something new." She again started with a clever turtle when I stopped her midway. She said, "Papa listen, there is a twist".

     Turtle had some friends, a parrot, a star fish, a gold fish and big blue whale. The parrot went and bought some toy replicas of turtle and placed them all throughout the seashore.

     The hungry tiger came and was curious to see the turtles. He slowly walked and reached the sea when the big blue whale, turtle's friend, jumped from within and ate the tiger in one bite. The poor tiger fell for the turtle's plan.


      I am not sure, what to tell her. In a way, I was happy that there won't be any more hungry tiger stories to listen.

     

7 comments:

  1. Clever girl... Tell her that I will tell her stories 2 my son...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Narration ..keep hearing more stories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever Girl....Brilliant narration and sema twist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unpredictable twist... Clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unpredictable twist... Clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is like you, telling unbelievable stories :-) I am sure, you will be sleeping before her. She has a good future !!! Nalla Varuvaaa.....

    ReplyDelete