Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Recent Read

 Disclaimer : I am not an avid reader, I read when I get time, I read when I feel like reading. I am in no way qualified to write a review on the book which I read. I just put my thoughts on the book, treat me as a layman in literature.

  As they say, it all started with Ponniyin Selvan (பொன்னியின் செல்வன்), it is a real gem,  at least for me. No other words to say, just read and enjoy.

Agatha Christie : Heard a lot about this author from my college days, however started reading her book since three years. First two novels (A murder is announced and clocks) kept me interested till the end, however by the third novel, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I could guess the suspect and to a large extent the motive of the crime/murder. Nevertheless, reading Agatha Christie is a fun ride with lot many characters.

Sujatha (சுஜாதா) : Though I have watched his works on screen, viz, En Iniya Iyanthira (என் இனிய இயந்திரா) and movies like Vikram, Anniyan, Enthiran,   I never read any of his books. I must say I was taken back when I read his book, விரும்பி சொன்ன பொய்கள் (Virumbi Sonna Poigal). It is a thrill ride from cover to cover, though it is less than 100 page it was a real treat. The ending was awesome, never expected.
                                    The next book , கொலையுதிர் காலம் (kolaiuythir Kalam) again a fantastic story telling. Twist in every chapter end, even  the ending. However, I enjoyed reading விரும்பி சொன்ன பொய்கள்.

 Next in line, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins.


1 comment: